Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
(Adapted from Rachael Ray)
- 2 lbs tomatoes (peeled, halved, cored and seeded)
- fresh basil leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 cups sourdough baguettes, cut into about 3/4-inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, fresh grated
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a food processor, add tomato halves, basil, salt, sugar and a pinch of black pepper. Pulse just until coarsely pureed.
- Lightly coat a 1 1/2 quart baking dish with nonstick spray. Add the cubed pieces of bread into the dish and drizzle with melted butter. Scoop the tomato puree on top and then gently toss to mix well.
- Bake until the top is crusty and golden brown, about 30 minutes. Scatter the cheese on top - place back in the oven and bake for 10 more minutes. Remove and let rest 5 minutes before serving.