Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Excellent served with pork, chicken or fish. Easily cut down to feed less or expanded. I coud make a lunch out of this all by itself. You coud use fresh herbs as well . Yummy.
- 1⁄2 lb loaf French bread, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (I use low fat)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- Butter bread.
- Cut into cubes. Spread on baking sheet and toast in 350F oven for 7 minutes.
- Place 1/2 the cubes in a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Drain canned Tomatoes. Reserve liquid.
- Top bread with 1/2 the fresh tomatoes, 1/2 reserved tomato liquid, 1/2 the ricotta cheese, 1/2 the olive oil, 1/2 the canned tomatoes,1/2 seasoning salt,1/2 the dried oregano,1/2 the garlic powder,1/2 the chopped fresh parsley.
- Repeat layers.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake covered at 350F for 40 minute.
- Uncover bake 5 min longer to brown the top.