Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My sister Fran gave me this recipe years ago, no idea where it came from. It has become my standard offering at cook-outs, and always gets rave reviews!
- 16 ounces bow tie pasta
- 1 (3/4 ounce) envelope Good Seasonings Italian salad dressing mix
- 1⁄4 cup tarragon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2⁄3 cup oil
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes with juice
- 4 large scallions, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- Boil pasta in salted water until al dente. Drain.
- Combine dressing mix, vinegar, water and oil.
- Add tomatoes, scallions and cheese.
- Pour mix over cooled pasta.
- Chill at least 1 hour.
Made March 24, 2011, You'll love this salad, not only because of it's great tastes, but it is also very easy to make. I made my own tarragon vinegar and glad I went the extra step. The vinegar's anise/licorice flavor was wonderful but did not over power the salad. I had to use 4 ounces of Rotini to make up for being short on the bow tie pasta. Thank you for posting this recipe. Made for Please Review My Recipe Tag game 2011