Recipe by Dienia B.
Tomato soup for crockpot. For smoother soup puree in a blender or with an immersion stick. I have used just plain tomato juice and dried basil.
Top Review by Linky
Outstanding! I didn't bother to remove the tomato skins - just zapped them with the immersible blender. This is equal or better than any of the fancy, organic soups in those cartons. I used 2% evaporated milk and 3 Tblsp. of butter (not quite 1/4 cup). DH loved it, too.
- 5 large tomatoes, peeled seeded diced or 15 ounces tomatoes
- 5 cups vegetable juice, V-8 juice
- 1⁄4 cup onion, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 18 leaves basil, minced fine or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper