Make and share this Tomato and Shrimp Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 lb penne or 3⁄4 lb other small pasta
- 1 lb medium shrimp, shelled, deveined, well sponged
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato sauce (Food doesn't recognize Gazpacho, so it's not tomato sauce, it's gazpacho you need to use for this re)
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 3⁄4 cup flat-leave parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco jalapeno sauce
- In a large saucepan with salted boiling water, cook pasta until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown shrimps in the olive oil. Add salt and pepper. Add gazpacho and cooked pasta. Reheat while stirring to coat the pasta and add the tomato, parsley and tabasco. Adjust seasoning.
Delicious and simple, especially if you make the gazpacho a few hours before. I made a half recipe of it and used all that half recipe in the sauce. I upped the tabasco (maybe almost a teaspoon) and thought that was perfect for us. I will definately make this again thanks Boomette!
This sounded like it was going to be very tasty when I tagged it but it's one of those recipes that add up to more than the sum of it's ingredients. This was simply scrumptious and so easy that I *almost* felt like I was cheating. I used whole wheat rotini for the pasta and that worked very well indeed. It delivers lots of great flavor and the shrimp are a treat. Thanks for posting this little gem Boomie. :D