Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Vegetarian toddler meal. Servings are adult size. Can be frozen
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked short-grain brown rice or 1 1⁄2 cups long grain brown rice
- 25 g butter or 25 g margarine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, red or green
- 4 tomatoes, peeled
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- herb-seasoned salt
- Cook rice until tender, drain and set aside.
- Melt butter with oil in large saucepan.
- Add onion and capsicum and cook until onion transparent.
- Chop tomatoes and add along with garlic, herbs and salt.
- Simmer until tomatoes are soft[approx 10 minutes].
- Add rice and stir until well mixed and rice is heated through.