- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lb tomatillo, finely chopped
- 1 small papaya, cut in 1/4 inch chunks
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup dried currant
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a wide frying pan over medium heat.
- Add onion, cinnamon and cayenne pepper.
- Cook, stirring often, until onion is soft - about 7 minutes.
- Add tomatillos, papaya, vinegar, sugar and currants.
- Bring to a boil over high heat; then boil uncovered stirring occasionally, until liquid has evaporated.