Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Thai chicken soup with coconut milk
Make and share this Tom Ka Gai recipe from Food.com.
- 9.85 ml peanut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thiny sliced
- 29.58 ml freshly chopped coriander
- 29.58 ml grated fresh gingerroot
- 9.85 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 29.58 ml chopped lemongrass
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into thin strips
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 473.18 ml bok choy, shredded
- 946.36 ml water
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 29.58 ml fish sauce
- 4.92 ml ground coriander
- Heat peanut oil in a large saucepan over mediu heat. Stir in garlic,ginger, lemon grass, red pepper, ground coriander and cumin and cook until fragrant, about two minutes.
- Stir in chicken and onion and bring to boil, stirring until chicken is white and onion translucent, 5 minutes.
- Stir in bok choy and cook until it begins to wilt, 5 to 10 minutes.
- stir in water, coconut milk, fish sauce and chopped coriander.
- Simmer until chicken is thoroughly cooked and flavours are well blended, about 15 minutes.