Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
Delicious with grilled salmon or chicken.
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels (right off the cob)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 4 teaspoons champagne vinegar or 4 teaspoons other mild vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 bunch basil leaves
- Blanch the corn in boiling salted water for 2 minutes and then plunge into ice water bath.
- Drain and put in a bowl.
- Add blueberries, vinegar, olive oil, and mix gently.
- Season to taste.
- Just before serving cut the basil in a chiffonade (thin strips) and stir.
I made this to serve with fresh baked halibut tonight. I baked the corn first, coating the cobs with butter, italian seasoning and parmesan cheese. The flavor combination of this salad is fantastic. Especially this time of year when here in Seattle Pikes Market is bursting with blueberries the size of a dime and fresh corn is 6 ears for $1. I will definitely make this again. Thanks for sharing Gay.
I made this without the basil in the AM and let it sit in the fridge all day.,the basil does the trick - just great I also added 2 tbsp of fresh, chopped spearmint excellent addition. I served this as a side dish with Spicey BBQ Prawns, BBQ potatoes ,stir fry Kholrabi and BBQ Onions with mustard sauce -- Great combination of flavors Thanks Gay for a winner
WOW - I was looking for something to do with leftover corn on the cob & this recipe fits the bill. What an unusual set of ingredients! I can't say enough about how good this is. I didn't have champagne vinegar, so I used cider instead. I made it a couple of hours ahead (keeping out the basil), which I think enhanced the flavors. Served over pan seared dover sole fillets - FANTASTIC!