Recipe by Gay Gilmore
Delicious with grilled salmon or chicken.
Top Review by Jan Marie
I made this to serve with fresh baked halibut tonight. I baked the corn first, coating the cobs with butter, italian seasoning and parmesan cheese. The flavor combination of this salad is fantastic. Especially this time of year when here in Seattle Pikes Market is bursting with blueberries the size of a dime and fresh corn is 6 ears for $1. I will definitely make this again. Thanks for sharing Gay.
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels (right off the cob)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 4 teaspoons champagne vinegar or 4 teaspoons other mild vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 bunch basil leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Blanch the corn in boiling salted water for 2 minutes and then plunge into ice water bath.
- Drain and put in a bowl.
- Add blueberries, vinegar, olive oil, and mix gently.
- Season to taste.
- Just before serving cut the basil in a chiffonade (thin strips) and stir.