Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is from my mother-in-law. It's a great, warm-hearted dish. You can use reduced fat sour cream, but of course it's better with the real thing.
- 1 lb firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups green beans (steamed and chopped)
- 1 large red onion (sliced thin)
- 1 cup chopped mushroom
- 12 ounces sour cream
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- Cut tofu into cubes and put in bow with 1 T sol sauce. Stir and let set so tofu absorbs sauce.
- steam green beans and let cool.
- Put onion, mushrooms in pan and cook with 2 T olive oil.
- Add remaining ingredients and let simmer for about ten minutes on low or until desired consistency.
- Serve over rice or egg noodles.
I lost my tofu stroganoff recipe and this was quite useful and tasty as a replacement. I prefer frozen peas and sweet yellow onion, but all of the quantities are quite nice. Thanks so much for posting.