Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great stuffing for any baked vegetable or just by itself. Yummy!
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 cups frozen spinach
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs, seasoned
- 14 ounces firm tofu (1 pkg)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules or 1 tablespoon vegetable bouillon granules
- Drain and crumble tofu, sprinkle with bouillon granules and set aside.
- Put frozen spinach in a covered microwavable container and cook for 4 minutes.
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium and saute the onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes.
- Reduce heat slightly and stir in the spinach, tofu, lemon juice, and pepper. Cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the bread crumbs.
- Bake in a foil covered dish at 350 for 25 minutes, or 35 minutes in a tomato, pepper or onion.
this was so easy and yummm. i actually added a lot more breadcrumbs (1 cup instead of 1/4 cup) to make it more like a stuffing - i'll be making this for thanksgiving as a much healthier alternative to stove top stuffing :-)
This was absolutely delicious and very easy. I made some slight changes to this based on my taste preferences - I used extra garlic and fresh chopped spinach and seasoned the tofu with salt, pepper and dried basil. I also added cooked rice and 1 can of diced tomatoes to the recipe to make it more filling. Using the rice meant eliminating the breadcrumbs. I stuffed green peppers with the filling (it made enough for 6 medium peppers) and it was soooo yummy! Even my boyfriend asked for the recipe and he doesn't cook! Suggestions - use salt liberally; would also be good topped off with tomato sauce.