Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
An Asian-style salad with tofu and canned tuna. It doesn't look very impressive but it's actually very tasty. This is adapted from "A Hundred Years of Island Cooking", and old cookbook from the Hawaiian Electric Company.
- 1 (20 ounce) package firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 12 ounces bean sprouts
- 1 bunch watercress, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- On a large platter, layer tofu, tuna, tomato, onion, bean sprouts, watercress and green onions.
- Combine remaining ingredients; pour over salad and serve immediately.