Tofu Mushroom Galore in Lemon Ginger Sauce
Ingredients For Mushrooms
- 95 g firm tofu, cut into squares 1 x 1 x
- 45 g oyster mushrooms, torn ino strips
- 40 g shiitake mushrooms, cut into strips
- 15 g abalone mushrooms, cut into slices
- 30 g button mushrooms, cut into thin slices
- 20 g carrots, cut into 5 thin pieces
- 35 g eggplants, cut into 6 thin pieces
- 15 g zucchini, cut into 4 thin pieces
- 30 g napa cabbage, cut into 5 pieces
Ingredients For Sauce
- 100 g Asian pears, diced into small pieces
- 95 g oranges, diced into small pieces
- 25 g onions, diced into small pieces
- 3 teaspoons ginger paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sake
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon potato starch
- Coat the tofu squares with potato starch.
- Deep fry the tofu squares for about 3-4 minutes until they are golden brown.
- In a wok, sautee the tofu with all the vegetables and mushrooms for about 2 minutes.
- In a separate sauce pan, mix all the sauce ingredients and cook in a low flame for about 10 minutes.
- Pour the cooked sauce into the tofu, mushrooms and vegetables.
- Finally add the potato starch and let it simmer for 3 minutes.