Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A bean salad with an oriental flavor.
- 1 (20 ounce) package firm tofu, cubed 3/4 inch, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 japanese cucumber, cubed 3/4 inch
- 1⁄2 onion, sliced
- 2 stalks green onions, cut 1/2 inch lengths
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar, Japanese or 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 1 teaspoon wine vinegar (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili pepper (optional)
- Combine salad ingredients.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a separate bowl and blend. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Pour over salad.
- Chill at lease 6 to 8 hours.
- Toss before serving.