Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Louise Hagler's Tofu Cookery
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 8 green onions
- 8 ounces sliced water chestnuts
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1 3⁄4 lbs silken extra firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons Braggs liquid aminos or 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup tofu
- 3⁄4 cup unbleached white flour
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups cold water
- 4 tablespoons Braggs liquid aminos or 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mushrooms
- First cut snow peas into inch pieces. Cut green onions into 1 1/2 inch pieces. Slice the mushrooms and water chestnuts if needed.
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Now in the order listed:.
- Saute the first five ingredients in the wok for 5 minutes over low heat.
- Then when tender crisp add the fresh bean sprouts and mix inches Remove from heat and set aside.
- Now blend the tofu and braggs until creamy.
- Then pour into bowl and mix in the rest of the ingrdients. Mix well. Then on oiled cookie sheet make 6 to 8 patties about 1/2 inch thick. Use about 1/2 cup mix for each. Leave 1 inch between. Bake 30 minutes. Flip and bake 15 more. Serve hot over rice with Mushroom Gravy.
- Mushroom gravy:.
- Mix the cornstarch with the cold water until well blended and not lumpy. Then add the soy sauce and the mushrooms. Cook over low heat stirring until thickened.