Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
i just love this tofu salad, to me it tastes like real egg salad. i think the secret is the Veganaise (a mayonnaise alternative available in most health food stores). it's great on a sandwich or as a dip with rice crackers (or your favorite crackers). i also like it on a bed of lettuce. enjoy!
- Rinse tofu and pat dry, squeezing out any extra liquid.
- Cut block of tofu in half.
- Mash half of tofu in a large bowl with a fork.
- Dice the other half into small cubes (1/4 to 1/2 inch), and add to bowl.
- Add celery and carrots to tofu.
- Add Veganaise by the tablespoon and mix well. Add as much as you want for desired consistency.
- Chill for better flavor.
- Enjoy! This salad will stay fresh in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.