Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Friends of mine make gave me this recipe and now I am so excited to try it! They use it mostly to make vegan lasagna, so we want to try it in place of the crumbled tofu in our recipe Amazing Vegetarian or Vegan Lasagna to see how it tastes. From the cookbook, The Best of Silver Hills Delicious Vegetarian Cuisine. The recipe says its great served on baked potatoes, in lasagna, or with rye bread. Cooking time doesn't include time to chill.
- 1 lb tofu, medium drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup raw cashews
- 1⁄4 cup water (reduce salt amount if using pickle juice) or 1⁄4 cup pickle juice (reduce salt amount if using pickle juice)
- In a small bowl, rinse and crumble tofu.
- Place remaining ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. Add just enough pickle juice or water to form a creamy sauce.
- Pour blended sauce over crumbled tofu and mix well.
- Chill and serve.
I will make this one again! Only had soft tofu in house, but it turned out very good, beat it a little with a whip - didnt take much, very good flavor and you dont have to worry about cancer causing dairy products (see CHINA STUDY by Campbell on AMAZON.com.