Kozmic Blues's Note:
From my new FAVORITE cookbook: Veganomicon. This is an amazing vegan filling for stuffed shells, manicotti, lasagna or topping pizza or pasta. Simple to make, possibilities are endless!! The best tools for this one are clean hands. They are the most effective for squishing the tofu to "ricotta-like" consistency. The recipe listed below is enough for one(1) layer in a 9x13 lasagna pan. Can be doubled if you like more "cheese" in your lasagna layers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, mush the tofu up with your hands, till it's crumbly.
- 2Add lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper and basil.
- 3Mush with hands again, this time you want it to get very mushy so squeeze through your fingers and mush until it reaches the consistency of ricotta cheese. May take 2-5 minutes.
- 4Add olive oil, stir with fork (olive oil is sticky).
- 5Add nutritional yeast and combine all ingredients well.
- 6Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tofu Basil Ricotta
Serving Size: 1 (531 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 280.6
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 330.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 28.4 g