Prep 15 mins
Cook 11 mins
These cookies are like a mirage...one minute you have a plate full the next minute they are gone!!! The flavours compliment a nice cup of coffee or a cold glass of milk.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups Skor English toffee bits
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat oven to 400. Beat butter, shortening and 1 cup sugar in bowl until light and fluffy add eggs beat thoroughly. Add vanilla extract. In a seperate bowl stir together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture beating until blended and then stir in toffee bits.
- In a seperate bowl stir together 3 tbsp sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon.
- Shape cookies into 1 1/4 inch balls and roll in cinnamon and sugar mixture. Place on ungreased cookie sheets for 9-11 minutes. Cook until slightly brown around the edges. Cool overnight for the best flavour.
Very nice variation on a traditional snickerdoodle! They don't spread much so can be put rather close together on the baking tray.
Mmmmmm so good and a great variation of the original cookie! The people at work were wild about them!
What a great twist on a classic cookie! I love the little crunch that the Skor bits offer the cookie. I will definately make these again! Made for My-3- Chefs game.