2 hrs 30 mins
i haven't made this but it sounded delish!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups ground gingersnap cookies (about 7 1/4 ounces)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons packed golden brown sugar
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 5 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1For gingersnap crust:.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F Spray bottom of 9-inch springform pan with 2 1/2-inch-high sides with nonstick spray.
- 3Stir ground cookies, butter, and sugar in medium bowl until moist clumps form.
- 4Press cookie mixture firmly onto bottom of prepared pan.
- 5Wrap outside of pan with 3 layers of heavy-duty foil.
- 6Bake crust until firm and beginning to darken, about 14 minutes.
- 7Cool crust.
- 8Maintain oven temperature.
- 9For cheesecake:.
- 10Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl until smooth.
- 11Beat in butter, then eggs, 1 at a time, until just blended.
- 12Beat in vanilla.
- 13Pour batter over crust in pan.
- 14Place springform pan in large roasting pan.
- 15Add enough hot water to come halfway up sides of springform pan.
- 16Bake cake uncovered until filling is puffed around edges and moves slightly in center when pan is gently shaken, about 1 hour 10 minutes.
- 17Remove pan from water; remove foil.
- 18Place hot cheesecake uncovered in refrigerator overnight.
- 19For caramel topping:.
- 20Stir sugar, water, and lemon juice in large saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- 21Increase heat; boil without stirring until mixture turns deep amber, occasionally swirling pan and brushing down sides with wet pastry brush, about 9 minutes.
- 22Add cream (mixture will bubble).
- 23Reduce heat to medium-low.
- 24Simmer until reduced to 1 1/4 cups, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes.
- 25Chill until thickened but still pourable, about 15 minutes.
- 26Spoon caramel over top of cake just to edges (do not allow caramel to drip down sides).
- 27Garnish top edges with chopped English toffee.
- 28Chill at least 2 hours and up to 6 hours.
- 29Run knife around pan sides to loosen cake; release pan sides.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Toffee Crunch Caramel Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 774.1
- Calories from Fat 504
- Total Fat 56.1 g
- Saturated Fat 34.2 g
- Cholesterol 267.9 mg
- Sodium 386.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 56.5 g
- Protein 11.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: