Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
i haven't made this but it sounded delish!!
Make and share this Toffee Crunch Caramel Cheesecake recipe from Food.com.
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 cups ground gingersnap cookies (about 7 1/4 ounces)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons packed golden brown sugar
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 5 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 (1 1/2 ounce) english toffee-flavored candy bars, chopped (such as Heath or Skor)
- For gingersnap crust:.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spray bottom of 9-inch springform pan with 2 1/2-inch-high sides with nonstick spray.
- Stir ground cookies, butter, and sugar in medium bowl until moist clumps form.
- Press cookie mixture firmly onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Wrap outside of pan with 3 layers of heavy-duty foil.
- Bake crust until firm and beginning to darken, about 14 minutes.
- Cool crust.
- Maintain oven temperature.
- For cheesecake:.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl until smooth.
- Beat in butter, then eggs, 1 at a time, until just blended.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Pour batter over crust in pan.
- Place springform pan in large roasting pan.
- Add enough hot water to come halfway up sides of springform pan.
- Bake cake uncovered until filling is puffed around edges and moves slightly in center when pan is gently shaken, about 1 hour 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from water; remove foil.
- Place hot cheesecake uncovered in refrigerator overnight.
- For caramel topping:.
- Stir sugar, water, and lemon juice in large saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Increase heat; boil without stirring until mixture turns deep amber, occasionally swirling pan and brushing down sides with wet pastry brush, about 9 minutes.
- Add cream (mixture will bubble).
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer until reduced to 1 1/4 cups, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes.
- Chill until thickened but still pourable, about 15 minutes.
- Spoon caramel over top of cake just to edges (do not allow caramel to drip down sides).
- Garnish top edges with chopped English toffee.
- Chill at least 2 hours and up to 6 hours.
- Run knife around pan sides to loosen cake; release pan sides.
El Girl - you really should try this one! It was really great. The topping is a little labor intensive, mostly stirring. The end result was fabulous. I took it to a dinner party and only got one piece - no leftovers for home:( I will definately be making this one again!