Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is a hit whenever I bake it. Everyone wants to know the recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (sifted with salt and baking soda)
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk (not lowfat)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 bag toffee pieces
- 1⁄2 cup pecan pieces
- Soften butter and cut into chunks- set aside In a large bowl mix together Brown sugar and sugar Add- flour, salt and baking soda Remove 1/2 Cup and reserve for topping To sugar mixture Cut in butter Add egg, vanilla and buttermilk.
- Mix with spoon and then mixer.
- Pour into geased 9x13 cake pan.
- To reserved mixture add toffee bits and pecans.
- Mix and pour over batter.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.
I followed this recipe to the "T". The only thing I omitted was the pecan pieces (I didn't have any at home.) I left it in the oven for 40 minutes instead of the 45 the recipe suggested and it turned out perfectly. The toffee on top of the cake is what make this cake so tasty. Thanks for a fast and easy recipe.