Prep 15 mins
Cook 26 mins
This is a rich dessert. Very easy to make. The perfect dessert to go with roast beef and mashed potatoes and gravy.I use German Chocolate Cake mix but you can use Sour Cream Chocolate mix, or just Chocolate mix. Top with frozen Yogurt, ice cream or whipped topping.
- In large bowl, mix cake mix, melted margarine, 1/3 cup milk and nuts.
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- In medium saucepan, melt 4 tblsps. margarine,1/3 milk and caramels.
- Spray Pam in a 9 13 baking pan.
- Spread 1/2 of cake mixture in the pan.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Take out of oven.
- Sprinkle the toffee chips all over the baked cake.
- Then spread the melted caramel mixture over the toffee chips.
- Spread the rest of the cake mix over the top.
- Bake 18 minutes.
- Cool about 10 minutes and cut in squares.
I chose this recipe for PAC spring '08. It was delicious, the only thing it is very rich and you don't want a very big piece. Thanks for posting.
Oh my goodness....this is so very rich and fattening...what could be better!!! Made as directed, except to use a little smaller pan...what can I say, I like my squares to be thick!!! Had to adjust the cooktime a little for that reason, but other than that, no changes needed for me!!!