Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 12 mins
The cooking time includes 1 hour of chilling time.
- 1 lb medium cooked shrimp, shelled, deveined and finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely grated cheddar cheese or 1⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon medium-dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons minced scallions
- 12 -14 slices very thin homemade-type bread, crusts discarded
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- In a bowl stir together shrimp, cheeses, cream, sherry, and scallion.
- With a rolling pin flatten each bread slice into a 3/4-inch square.
- Put about 2 tablespoons shrimp mixture on each bread slice and roll up tightly.
- Put rolls, seam sides down, on a baking sheet and brush all over with butter.
- Chill rolls, covered loosely, at least 1 hour (up to 4 hours).
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cut shrimp rolls in half and arrange on baking sheet, seam sides down.
- Bake shrimp rolls until golden, about 12 minutes, and cool slightly.
- Serve warm.