Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is another recipe that I've been making for years. I think it may have originally come from a pamphlet I picked up in a grocery store. This is a very, very easy recipe that I can make with ingredients I usually have on hand.
- 4 slices bread (I use multi-grain)
- 1 medium onion
- 1 lb hamburger (I use ground round)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce (I use A-1)
- Toast bread.
- Grate onion using large holes on a grater.
- Mix hamburger lightly with onion, garlic salt, pepper and marjoram.
- Pat 1/4 of the hamburger evenly over each slice of toast, being careful to spread meat over the edges.
- Broil, 4 inches from heat for 5- 7 minutes, or until meat is done to your liking.
- Meanwhile, mix butter and steak sauce together.
- Top burgers with sauce when serving.
We love burgers and this was a great change of pace version. Loved the addition of marjoram. We cooked them to medium and they turned out very juicy. We will make these again, for sure. Thanks Kendra!!!
This is a very simple, but flavorful recipe. I used toasted slices of French Bread for the base, and didn't have any marjoram on hand, so therefore omitted it. I like the tartness of the A-1 as a sauce, and felt that was a great finish for these little burgers. We served this with a simple tossed salad (and hubby added a few baked beans to his plate). Another easy, weeknight meal to add to my menus.