Recipe by Kendra*
This is another recipe that I've been making for years. I think it may have originally come from a pamphlet I picked up in a grocery store. This is a very, very easy recipe that I can make with ingredients I usually have on hand.
Top Review by Merlot
We love burgers and this was a great change of pace version. Loved the addition of marjoram. We cooked them to medium and they turned out very juicy. We will make these again, for sure. Thanks Kendra!!!
- 4 slices bread (I use multi-grain)
- 1 medium onion
- 1 lb hamburger (I use ground round)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce (I use A-1)
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast bread.
- Grate onion using large holes on a grater.
- Mix hamburger lightly with onion, garlic salt, pepper and marjoram.
- Pat 1/4 of the hamburger evenly over each slice of toast, being careful to spread meat over the edges.
- Broil, 4 inches from heat for 5- 7 minutes, or until meat is done to your liking.
- Meanwhile, mix butter and steak sauce together.
- Top burgers with sauce when serving.