Recipe by Grease
A really flavorful grilled ham and cheese sandwich, substituting Gouda for Swiss cheese and adding a mustard-mayo sauce. These are a terrific start on a "soup & sandwich" meal. From Pillsbury's "30-Minute Meals", a real resource for busy chefs.
- 8 slices pumpernickel bread
- 1⁄4 cup mustard-mayonnaise blend
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 8 ounces thinly sliced cooked ham
- 1 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 8 ounces gouda cheese, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange the bread slices on a cutting board or counter top. Spread all slices with mustard-mayo sauce. Sprinkle 4 of the slices with the fresh chives; add ham, tomato and cheese.
- Cover these four slices with the remaining bread slices, putting the sauce side down.
- Using one of the tablespoons of butter, spread it over the tops of the sandwiches.
- Heat a large skillet over low heat and melt the remaining two tablespoons of butter. Place the sandwiches, butter side up, into the skillet and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until toasted.
- Turn the sandwiches over. Cook until toasted and the cheese is melted.