Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is so yummy! And so easy! It's a nice change from chocolate. Well, maybe once in awhile! If you have trouble finding the toasted coconut instant pudding, and even I sometimes find it hard to find, you can choose from a couple of things. Purchase coconut instant pudding, or purchase vanilla instant pudding,toast some packaged coconut and toast it. The recipe for the frosting follows.
- 1 (18 ounce) yellow butter recipe cake mix (I use Duncan Hines)
- 1 (3 ounce) box instant coconut pudding mix
- 4 eggs, 1 at a time
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon white syrup (such as Karo)
- 1 tablespoon butter (may need a little more)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (3 ounce) package coconut
- Preheat oven to 350° & grease and flour lightly the baking pan.
- Place all cake ingredients in a medium bowl, and blend, with mixer on low speed until ingredients are well combined. Mix for about 30-45 seconds. Then mix at high for about 2 minutes.
- Bake in 13x9-inch pan for 32-35 minutes at 350° or until toothpick inserted in middle of cake comes out clean.
- Coconut Glaze: Blend all glaze ingredients in medium saucepan. Cook, stirring constantly until the mixture begins to bubble. Add coconut.
- Cool, then pour over cake.
well I had to use vanilla pudding mix as I could not find instant coconut pudding at my store, I add some coconut flakes into the cake batter, the cake still turned out wonderful, I am still going to search for the coconut pudding and make it again, thank for sharing hon!