Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Cheesy, crunchy and full of rich flavors!
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups swiss cheese, shredded (or Gruyere)
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 pie shell, baked and warm
- Saute the onion in the butter until caramelized.
- In a small bowl, beat together the eggs, both milks, flour and pepper until lightly frothy.
- Stir in the cooked onion, cheese and toasted sliced almonds until well mixed.
- Pour the mixture into a still hot baked pie shell.
- Bake at 325°F for about 45 minutes.
- When done, a knife inserted in the middle will come out clean.
- Let stand for 10 minutes, slice and serve.