Recipe by SweetySJD
These are demanded of me at all family events. I'm glad they're so easy! People who claim to not like nuts have told me that these were the best things they've ever eaten!
Top Review by Jennygal
I made these to take to thanksgiving dinner as something different...they went over really well. Makes a huge pan! Loved the simplicity of the crust, and everyone loved the flavour of it. A definite crowd pleaser.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, cold
- 2 cups mixed nuts, roasted & salted
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 (12 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine flours, brown sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles course crumbs. Press into a greased 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Quickly spread nuts and chocolate chips over crust (it helps to have them combined and just sprinkle the mixture on top).
- Combine caramel topping with 3 tablespoons flour. Drizzle over nuts and chocolate chips.
- Bake 12-15 minutes longer or until golden and bubbly.
- Cool and cut into squares.