Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A different cheesecake, but very good! From the Wisconsin Dairy Producers. (I've also used Splenda with great results if you want to cut back on sugar)
- 1 1⁄2 cups biscotti cookie crumbs (pre-made from the cookie isle or your own recipe)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 12 ounces ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon brandy (it adds a lot of flavor) (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degress F.
- Combine biscotti, butter and espresso, mix well.
- Press into and up the side of a 9 inch springform pan, set aside.
- Beat together Ricotta cheese, Mascarpone cheese, sugar and flour.
- Combine eggs, espresso, brandy and vanilla, mix until espresso dissolves.
- Add to cheese mixture and blend thoroughly.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared crust and bake at 350° F for 1 hour and 15 minutes (top will be slightly loose).
- Turn off oven and let cake cool in oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove sides from springform pan and sprinkle cake with cocoa powder (optional) before serving.