1/11 Photos of Tiramisu
2 hrs 30 mins
Sassy Syrah's Note:
When I saw all the other Tiramisu recipes posted, I was hesitant to add my one. But after looking through them, none were quite like mine. This is the only Tiramisu recipe I have ever made, I found it so good I didn't need to seek out another. It is very simple and can be made in the morning for dinner. It is my most popular dessert and is requested by my friends often. Cook time is minimum refrigeration time. I have no idea which book this came from. Many people have commented that the level of sugar in this recipe is too low. I wonder if they are using caster (superfine) sugar or just regular? Superfine will fill a 1/4 of a cup more than regular would. Of course, it could just be personal taste and that's okay too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 cups strong plunger espresso coffee, cooled to room temp
- 3 tablespoons Tia Maria (or another liqueur, but the coffee flavour is really enhanced)
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 250 g mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup cream (anything that will hold the peaks heavy whipping cream works fine as will anything 36% milkfat or hi)
- 250 g ladyfingers (savoiardi)
- cocoa powder, for dusting
- 1Put the egg yolks and sugar in a large bowl.
- 2Beat with electric mixers until the mixture goes pale and thick.
- 3Add mascarpone and beat until combined.
- 4It does not matter if it is marbled slightly.
- 5Whip the cream until stiff peaks hold, and fold gently into the egg mixture.
- 6I use a spatula, but you could use a metal spoon.
- 7Do not beat!
- 8Beat the egg whites to soft peaks in a perfectly clean metal bowl.
- 9If there is any grease, they won't whip properly.
- 10Make sure you rinse and dry your beaters well.
- 11Fold the whites into the cream.
- 12It is very important to retain as much air as possible.
- 13For serving you can use a big dish or individual glasses.
- 14If using a big dish: Put the coffee and liquer in a bowl.
- 15Dip biscuits in coffee one at a time.
- 16Drain well.
- 17Layer in your dish, covering the whole bottom.
- 18Place half of the mascarpone mix on top and spread out.
- 19Repeat with remaining biscuits and mascarpone, finishing with a creamy layer.
- 20Smooth surface.
- 21Dust with cocoa.
- 22Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, but it works quite well if you leave for up to 24 hours.
- 23If using glasses: Break the biscuits up into pieces that will fit your glasses and do the same soaking and layering as before.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tiramisu
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.0
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 198.3 mg
- Sodium 109.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 19.0 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: