Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this on a copycat recipe site. It's supposed to be like the Olive Garden's. It's not the same but I think it's better. I hope you enjoy this, it's easy to prepare and so good! The cooking time includes brewing time for the espresso/coffee and time to cool.
- 1 sponge cake, 10-12 dia. x 3 H (or 2pkg. lady fingers)
- 3 ounces strong black coffee or 3 ounces espresso, at room temperature
- 3 ounces brandy (or rum)
- 24 ounces mascarpone cheese, at room temperature (or cream cheese)
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- Blend the coffee or espresso and liqueur together.
- Cut sponge cake in half to for two disks.
- Sprinkle the bottom half of the cake with 2oz of the coffee liqueur blend.
- Mix the mascarpone cheese with the sugar and beat until the sugar is completely dissolved and the cheese is light and spreadable.
- Spread half of the cheese mixture on the cake.
- Set the second half of the cake on the bottom half and sprinkle with the remaining coffee liqueur blend and spread the rest of the cheese mixture on top.
- Dust cocoa powder lightly.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting and serving.