Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my husband's sister's recipe. It is by far the best tiramisu recipe I have ever found. This recipe will fill a small 8 x 8 x 3 glass or metal pan.
- 3 cups strong coffee, at room temperature (or espresso)
- 17 1⁄2 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 6 eggs
- italian biscotti (1 package, Savoiardi, this is an Italian cookie type wafer. I find it in the World Foods section of)
- Separate eggs.
- Add 11 tablespoons of sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla to egg yolks and mix with hand mixer until smooth and no longer grainy.
- Add 1 tbl. of sugar to egg whites and mix with electric mixer until stiff.
- Add mascarpone to yolk mixture and stir out all of the lumps.
- Add egg whites to yolk mixture and fold together.
- Dip both sides of Savoiardi in coffee for just one quick turn and line bottom of pan with cookies.
- Once first layer is complete, pour cheese mixture on top of 1st layer.
- Continue to layer and add cheese mixture until your pan is full. Your last layer should be the cheese mixture.
- Dust the top with cocoa powder and chill. There is no baking.