Recipe by mandabears
This is so good and easy, actually a healthy version compliments of the Food Network's Juan Carlos Cruz. Cooking time is refrigerator time. Do not use a store brand of ricotta cheese, I did with horrible, gummy results!
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese, I use low fat
- 1 3⁄8 ounces sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 tablespoons Splenda granular, sugar substitute, I don't use, I feel that it is sweet enough without it
- 1 (8 ounce) container fat-free whipped topping, thawed, I use Cool Whip Lite
- 1⁄2 cup coffee-flavored liqueur
- 1 cup brewed espresso
- 6 ounces ladyfingers
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend mascarpone, ricotta cheese, pudding mix, and Splenda until smooth.
- I use my food processor.
- Place in a large bowl.
- Gently fold in the whipped topping.
- In a small shallow bowl combine the coffee flavored liqueur and espresso.
- Quickly dip 1/2 of the lady fingers into the espresso mixture until moistened, not wet.
- Line them up along the bottom of a trifle bowl.
- Gently spoon in 1/2 of the cheese mixture over the lady fingers.
- Dip the remaining lady fingers into the espresso mixture.
- Line them up on top of the cheese mixture.
- Gently spoon the remaining cheese mixture on top of the lady fingers.
- Lightly dust the top with cocoa powder.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours before serving.