Recipe by flower7
I adopted this from the Recipezaar account. The original was called Oh So Good Pie. It called for golden raisins but I use regular ones. I haven't made the Spiked Cream yet but maybe will the next time :)
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Forget the 'Tipsy' 'cause I didn't make the pie that way, & it STILL came out great! I did use golden raisins, since I didn't want the stronger taste of the dark ones to overwhelm the pecans! I also didn't make the spiked topping, but rather topped it off with some frogen yogurt, & it all turned out to be a VERY NICE dessert! Thanks for sharing!
- 1 9-inch unbaked pie shell
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons whiskey
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Spiked Whipped Cream (optional)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons whiskey
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Toss together raisins, pecans and flour in a medium size bowl until raisins and pecans are well coated with flour.
- Beat together butter and brown sugar in a large bowl until well blended (I use my stand mixer).
- Add divided egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add 2 tablespoons whiskey, vinegar, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice; blend well. Stir in raisin & nut mixture and set aside.
- Beat egg whites and salt in a medium size bowl with an electric mixer at high speed until soft peaks form (I use my stand mixer for this also).
- Fold whites into raisin & nut mixture. Pour into pie crust.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until slightly puffed and set.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with Spiked Whipped Cream, if desired.
- To make Spiked Whipped Cream: Beat together one cup heavy cream, 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 teaspoons whiskey in a medium size bowl until soft peaks form.