1/2 Photos of Tipsy Raisin Pecan Pie
1 hr 5 mins
I adopted this from the Recipezaar account. The original was called Oh So Good Pie. It called for golden raisins but I use regular ones. I haven't made the Spiked Cream yet but maybe will the next time :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 9-inch unbaked pie shell
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons whiskey
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Spiked Whipped Cream (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Toss together raisins, pecans and flour in a medium size bowl until raisins and pecans are well coated with flour.
- 3Beat together butter and brown sugar in a large bowl until well blended (I use my stand mixer).
- 4Add divided egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 5Add 2 tablespoons whiskey, vinegar, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice; blend well. Stir in raisin & nut mixture and set aside.
- 6Beat egg whites and salt in a medium size bowl with an electric mixer at high speed until soft peaks form (I use my stand mixer for this also).
- 7Fold whites into raisin & nut mixture. Pour into pie crust.
- 8Bake for 35 minutes or until slightly puffed and set.
- 9Serve warm or at room temperature with Spiked Whipped Cream, if desired.
- 10To make Spiked Whipped Cream: Beat together one cup heavy cream, 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 teaspoons whiskey in a medium size bowl until soft peaks form.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tipsy Raisin Pecan Pie
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 799.6
- Calories from Fat 495
- Total Fat 55.0 g
- Saturated Fat 23.1 g
- Cholesterol 165.5 mg
- Sodium 365.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 46.0 g
- Protein 7.7 g