Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
My friend Sue gave me this recipe. It's her hubby Tim's favorite way to prepare ribs. He likes to sear the juices in, and crisp them up well on the bbq, then finish them off in oven. This results in a very succulent, mouthwatering bbq. He likes em sweet and spicey! Keep in mind you can adjust the spices to your liking. Lip Smackin Good! Don't let the long list of ingredients scare you, most of the stuff you probably already have in your kitchen. Worth the time spent to make, I guarantee that!
Top Review by BrendaThurston67
Don't let the long list of ingredients scare ya! You probably have most of the ingredients already in your cupboards. It;s worth making, let me tell ya! Excellent sauce and one my family raved and raved about while eating them and for days after!
- 6 lbs pork baby back ribs
- 4 ounces tap water
BBQ Sauce (use 1 1/2 pints)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup Spanish onion, chopped finely
- 1⁄8 cup scallion, chopped finely
- 1⁄4 cup fresh green pepper, chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup crushed tomatoes
- 2⁄3 cup chili sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup dark molasses
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons Red Devil Hot Sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove back sinew of the ribs (that layer of thick white skin on the back of ribs).
- Sear the rack on a hot grill on both sides,.
- and place in roasting pan.
- Combine water and BBQ Sauce, and pour over ribs.
- Bring ribs to a boil on stove.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cover with foil, and braise in oven until tender, but not falling off bone.
- BBQ Sauce:.
- Heat oil in pot.
- Chop onion, scallions, and peppers. Saute in heated oil for about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, sugar and dry ingredients and stir.
- Add liquids and stir.
- Simmer for about 3 hrs., until flavors are.
- properly melded.
- Adjust seasonings to your taste.