Recipe by aebrady0576
This is my favorite way to make tilapia, especially because Costco has such a great deal on their packaged tilapia, (at least here in Arizona.) So this recipe is not only very yummy, it is very inexpensive. In fact, you probably have all of the ingredients in your kitchen. Enjoy!
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine (I prefer balsamic) or 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar (I prefer balsamic)
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Mince the garlic into fine pieces.
- Chop up the parsley into small pieces.
- Place the parsley and garlic into a jar with a tight fitting lid.
- Squeeze the juice into the jar.
- Add the olive oil, balsamic, oregano, pepper and Tabasco to the jar.
- Put the lid on the jar and shake well.
- Marinade your tilapia fillets for 20-30 minutes.
- I grill my tilapia for about 5 minutes, each side, but you could bake it for 30 minutes, or cook it in a frying pan, sprayed with Pam, for about 15 minutes on your stove top.