Recipe by TGirl,RN
Chocolate chip cookies with an extra boost of chocolate swirled into the batter to make Tiger Stripes. Nice cookie swap idea, or give away as a sure-fire Pick-Me-Up. You can't go wrong with Chocolate!
Top Review by pies & cakes & cookies ohmy!
I've seen this recipe around for awhile and I also have seen it on the box of frosted flakes, so I thought I'd try it. The taste is good, but the flakes made for a weird texture. I thought they would be crunchy but instead there are bits of cereal in there that are unpleasantly chewy.
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter (or margarine, for a softer cookie)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups frosted flakes, crushed (1 1/2 cups crushed flakes)
- 8 -12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips (whole)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 6 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips, and put aside to cool.
- Sift dry ingredients (flour,baking soda, salt).
- Cream butter and sugar until light.
- Add vanilla and eggs (one at a time), beating until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add dry ingredients until blended.
- Add crushed cereal flakes.
- Stir in whole chocolate chips.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over batter, stirring gently to make swirls in batter to create"tiger stripes".
- Drop teaspoonfuls of dough onto parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 9-11 minutes.