Great vanilla/chocolate cake
My Private Note
bundt c ...
Units: US | Metric
- melted butter
- finely ground breadcrumbs or cake crumbs
- 8 eggs, at room temperature separated
- 18 ounces granulated sugar
- 6 ounces whole milk, at room temperature
- 18 ounces unsalted butter, melted
- 14 ounces cake flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 ounce cocoa powder
- 2 lemons, zest of, grated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1Brush the inside of 2 8-9 cup bundt pans with melted butter and coat with crumbs.
- 2(you can spray and flour if you must).
- 3Preheat oven to 375.
- 4Whip egg yolks with 9 oz of sugar until light and fluffy.
- 5Add milk and cooled melted butter.
- 6Sift flour and baking powder together and mix into butter mixture.
- 7Whip egg whites until foamy.
- 8Very gradually add remaining 9 oz of sugar and whip just to stiff peaks.
- 9Carefully fold butter/flour mixture into whipped egg whites with a spatula.
- 10Sift cocoa powder into a bowl and gradually stir in 1/3 of the batter.
- 11Mix the lemon zest and vanilla into the remaining 2/3 of the batter.
- 12Spoon 1/4 of the white batter into each of the bundt pans and smooth.
- 13Spoon 1/2 of the chocolate batter into each of the bundt pans and smooth.
- 14Spoon remaining white batter equally into each bundt pan.
- 15Swirll batter in each pan with a knife.
- 16Bake for about 40 minutes or until cakes tests done.
- 17Cool 20 minutes and unmold onto a rack to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tiger Cake
Serving Size: 1 (2069 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3965.3
- Calories from Fat 2095
- Total Fat 232.7 g
- Saturated Fat 140.4 g
- Cholesterol 1301.5 mg
- Sodium 905.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 436.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 261.2 g
- Protein 50.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of