Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 4 mins
A nice dense moist swirled coffee cake, not to sweet. Recipe makes two cakes
- 1 lb all-purpose flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (3 1/4 cup total)
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 2 cups softened unsalted butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 9 large room temp eggs
- 2 cups raisins
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 -5 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Butter two 5-9 in loaf pans.
- Combine 3 1/4 cups all purpose flour and salt in a bowl.
- Cream butter and sugar with a mixer on high speed until pale and fluffy. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Reduce speed to med. and add vanilla extract.
- Lightly beat eggs, and add to butter mixture a little at a time, mixing thoroughly and scraping down sides.
- Reduce speed to low, and add flour mixture a little at a time, mixing until just blended. Toss raisins in remaining 2 tablespoons of flour; fold into finished batter.Divide batter in half with 2 bowls. In one bowl,fold cinnamon into the batter. Scoop batters into 2 prepared pans. 1/2 cup at a time, alternating plain and cinnamon.Do two layers, scoop plain,cinnamon,plain on bottom. Then cinnamon, plain, cinnamon on top layer. Drag a knife through top to swirl, tap on counter to distribute evenly.
- Bake until a tester inserted into center of each cake comes out clean, about 65 minute ( a little more for high altitudes )Let cool in pans on a wire rack for 30 minute Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire rack.
- Make the glaze; Combine 2 cups confectioners sugar and 4-5 tablespoons milk in a bowl. Drizzle over cooled cakes.