Recipe by Alan Kirk
I got this from my mum.Snack bars for kids,tea/coffee bites for adults.
Top Review by racceber
Really good and chewy. Definitely needs melted chocolate on top though (think I used around 100g) and chopped glace cherries, flaked almonds and a tablespoon of brandy make it a bit more special.
- 4 ounces margarine
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons syrup
- 3 tablespoons drinking cocoa powder
- 1 (12 ounce) packet digestive biscuits
- 1 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the margarine,sugar,syrup and drinking chocolate powder into a saucepan.Over a low heat,stir until ingredients have melted and formed a smooth cream.
- Remove from heat and stir in the raisins. Roughly break the digestive biscuits(do not crush,you're not making a cheesecake base), and stir these into the mixture.
- Pour this into a greased baking tin and spread melted chocolate over the top.Allow to cool.
- Cut into fingers or squares and store in an airtight container.