This is so much fun to do with your kids. The secret is it doesn't take that long! You also need a colander for this. We put ours in the kitchen sink and clean up was a breeze!
- Place several hard-boiled eggs in a colander in the kitchen sink and splash them with the vinegar.
- Drip food coloring on the eggs (I recommended 2 or 3 eggs at a time).
- Gently agitate the colander for a few seconds to help the color spread. Let the color set on the eggs for 30 seconds.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 with up to two shades (any more and your colors may get muddy), allowing each to set for 30 seconds.
- After the last color has set, give the eggs a light rinse with water and let them drain for a minute or two. Air-dry them on paper towels.