This is so much fun to do with your kids. The secret is it doesn't take that long! You also need a colander for this. We put ours in the kitchen sink and clean up was a breeze!
- Place several hard-boiled eggs in a colander in the kitchen sink and splash them with the vinegar.
- Drip food coloring on the eggs (I recommended 2 or 3 eggs at a time).
- Gently agitate the colander for a few seconds to help the color spread. Let the color set on the eggs for 30 seconds.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 with up to two shades (any more and your colors may get muddy), allowing each to set for 30 seconds.
- After the last color has set, give the eggs a light rinse with water and let them drain for a minute or two. Air-dry them on paper towels.
My kids are a bit older so it's been awhile since I've colored Easter eggs but this was really fun! They were quick and easy to make. So much easier than all of the little cups that I remember using. They turned out very pretty too! Thanks so much for posting!!
This was a wonderful way to color easter eggs!! My kids loved it!! My son let his eggs sit for several minutes before rinsing them and ended up with dark, vibrant colors and my daughter rinsed her quicky and hers were soft pastels. They enjoyed this more than dipping eggs in dyes as they had more of a creative hand in the process. And I loved how easy and clean it was to do them in the kitchen sink!! Thank you, we had a great family night with this recipe!!