Sunny Chocolate Easter Eggs
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (300 ml) can regular eagle brand sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 drops yellow food coloring
- 2 1⁄4 lbs icing sugar (1kg)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs semisweet chocolate, melted (680g)
- decorative tube icing (pink, blue, green, yellow)
- candy sprinkles
- Cream butter and salt until fluffy. Gradually beat in Eagle brand, vanilla and food coloring. Slowly beat in icing sugar until well blended.
- Knead with hands until mixture is smooth and pliable. Form mixture into eggs. Place onto wax paper-lined tray. Cover and chill for 4 hours, or until firm.
- Resting each egg on a two-pronged fork, dip into melted chocolate, letting excess coating drip off. Place back on wax paper-lined tray; let stand until firm.
- Decorate with sprinkles or let choolate stand until firm and decorate with icing.
- Store covered at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 56 year old Gramma that, for the first time in my life, has purchase myself a computer, and I didn't know what i was missing!! <br> <br>I have a husband tha I adore, and 4 grandchildren that of course surpass all others - lol - I am disabled, and am an at home person, so I have a lot of time on my hands, to play with my recipes, and I am enjoying every bit of it - <br>My husband will eat anything that I cook, so I have carte blanche as far as that goes, so I have a great time trying out new recipes. <br> <br>Paula Deen has published some of my favorite cookbooks, her recipes are easy and quick to do. Her sweets are fantastics, especially her pound cakes, Yummm <br> <br>I guess the dish that I am famous for is my Christmas ham - my family all comes home for Christmas, and if i don't have my ham they are dissapointed, and my grandson wants the pistachio squares!!! so I guess that is the dishes that I'm famous for.