Chocolate Cream Filled Easter Eggs
photo by Izy Hossack
- Ready In:
- 1hr 4mins
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 -7 cups sifted icing sugar
- yellow food coloring
- 1 lb semisweet chocolate
- 1 ounce paraffin wax (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix milk, butter, corn syrup, salt and vanilla.
- Add icing sugar in 3 or 4 batches,stirring well after each addition.
- Mix well, then knead with hands, mixing in more icing sugar if needed, until mixture holds shape and is smooth.
- Take 1/4 of the mixture, and color it yellow for yolks.
- Form it into 10 to 15 small balls, set aside.
- Make 10 to 15 Larger balls with the remaining mixture.
- Flatten large ball in palm, place yellow ball in centre, then shape white mixture around it to form an egg shape.
- Place eggs on tray, cover well with plastic wrap so they do not dry out, and chill for at least 4 hours or until firm.
- Dipping Chocolate: Place chocolate and paraffin in bowl over hot (not boiling) water (approx 86 deg.) Use a fondue fork to dip eggs into chocolate.
- Place eggs on tray lined with waxed or parchment paper.
- Put in a cool place until chocolate is firm.
- Decorate if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made these a couple years ago but forgot to review. They were seriously so tasty! I am not kidding when I say that I nearly ate the entire batch by myself. They were easy but a bit time consuming and I noticed as I formed my eggs, they kept getting bigger and bigger because they were taking a while. My mouth waters every time I think about these eggs. Thanks for this yummy recipe!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My husband and I have been running our fireplace business for over 30 years now. We hope to retire soon !!! We have two great kids, and the pic above is "Nan and the grands"