Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Corn soup is popular in Dharamsala, a colorful mountain town that is in the heart of a Tibetan community in exile. The soup is served, with slight variations, at the cafes and restaurants that cater to travelers. Soup is a common breakfast food in Tibet. The recipe is adapted from The Lhasa Moon Tibetan Cookbook.
- Saute the onion in butter in a soup pot until brown and soft.
- Add the paprika, garlic and ginger and cook briefly.
- Add the tomato and tofu, cut into small cubes; and the water.
- Add the canned and frozen corn.
- Bring soup to a boil, and simmer for a few minutes, stirring to prevent sticking.
- Sprinkle chopped green onion on each serving.
- This might be served with a side dish of rice.