Recipe by Thea
These is a standard recipe that I messed around with. My kids now love it! you can also add almost any veggie such as shredded carrots, peppers, zucchini etc. Just make sure you have enough room in the quiche dish or it will over flow! Enjoy!
- 3 green onions with tops, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and drained (or 1 bag fresh spinach)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 2 -3 cups of finely shredded taco cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (grated or shredded)
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄8 teaspoon of spicy black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon Pickapeppa Sauce
- Pam cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly spray a large pie pan or quiche dish with Pam.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat spray with Pam.
- Add onions, garlic and cook stirring occasionally, until onions are soft.
- Stir in mushrooms and spinach (if fresh, cover and allow to steam).
- add tomato's near the end and cook slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, cheese and the rest of ingredients; stir well.
- Add spinach mixture and stir to blend.
- Scoop into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven until eggs have set, approximately 30 minutes.
- Let cool slightly to set before serving.