1/1 Photo of Tian (Provencal Baked Vegetables)
1 hr 10 mins
I got this recipe from a French exchange student who is staying with my parents for the year. I tried making it myself, and it is delicious! The dish contains every color of the rainbow and is as nice to look at as it is to eat. I add yellow squash to mine as well just to give more color.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 eggplant, sliced
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 sweet red peppers, seeded and sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 large zucchini
- 3 large tomatoes
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Put eggplant slices in a colander and sprinkle with salt. Leave for 30 minutes to exude their bitter juices. Rinse well under running cold water and pat dry.
- 2Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 3Saute the sliced eggplant with the onions, sweet peppers, and garlic in 4 tablespoons of olive oil until golden.
- 4Spread the misture over the base of a shallow, ovenproof dish.
- 5Using a potato peeler, remove some of the peel in strips from the sides of the zucchini, leaving some vertical stripes of green.
- 6Slice the zucchini thinly. Slice the tomatoes. Arrange the zucchini and tomato slices in alternate rows over the top of the sauteed vegetable misture, overlapping like fish scales.
- 7Season to taste with salt and pepper and sprinkle rosemary and thyme.
- 8Bake in oven at 375 degrees for 25 minutes, until golden.
- 9Remove the dish from the oven and sprinkle with the bread crumbs and Parmesan. Drizzle a little more olive oil over the top if you wish.
- 10Bake for a further 10 minutes until crisp and golden. Eat hot, warm, or cold.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tian (Provencal Baked Vegetables)
Serving Size: 1 (376 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.3
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 1.4 mg
- Sodium 96.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 5.3 g