Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
My family's favorite pork roast. Very flavorful. Pan drippings make excellent gravy. This recipe alone should be reason enough to grow your own fresh thyme.
- 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 lbs boneless pork loin roast, trimmed and tied
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Grate the zest from one lemon and combine with the thyme, salt, garlic, and pepper in a small bowl; stir in the olive oil until blended. Rub the entire surface of the pork to coat with the herb mixture.
- Place roast top side up in a small roasting pan. Roast 30 minutes, then turn pork over, baste with pan juices and roast 30 minutes. Turn top side up; baste; roast 15 minutes or until center of roast reads 140°F
- Remove from oven, cover loosely with foil and let stand 15 minutes. Center temperature should have risen to 150°F
- Carefully remove strings and cut into thin slices.
- Also good served at room temperature or cold.