Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A healthier take on "fried" chicken, from Everyday with Rachael Ray.
- 3 lbs skinless chicken thighs
- 1 3⁄4 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 4 teaspoons fresh thyme
- Mix buttermilk, lemon juice/zest, and 1 tsp of salt in a resealable bag; shake to dissolve salt. Add chicken thighs and refrigerate to marinate (30 minutes to 12 hours).
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix panko, thyme and remaining salt in a shallow dish. Remove chicken thighs from buttermilk and discard marinade. Dredge chicken thighs in panko mixture and place on a baking sheet fitted with a wire rack.
- Bake chicken for 30 minutes. Lower temperature to 300 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for an additional 30 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.
This was quick and tasty to make, we really liked the lemon with the thyme. Made for PAC Fall 2012