Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Good with pork, ham or steak.
- 5 ounces finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 medium russet potatoes, cooked,peeled and diced
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned croutons, crushed
- Heat oven to 350.
- Grease 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- In greased casserole, combine 1 cup of the cheese, sour cream, soup, thyme and pepper; mix well.
- Stir in potatoes and onion; cover.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- In small bowl, combine crushed croutons and remaining cheese.
- Uncover casserole; sprinkle with crouton mixture.
- Bake uncovered an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.
A good, creamy potato dish. I used fat free sour cream and light soup and that seemed to work well. I would add a bit of seasoning blend, poultry, Italian or other favorite to the potatoes in addition to the seasoned croutons. The cooking time does not include time to peel, cook and dice the potatoes.